"Chatpate Aloo"- A tangy, spicy, chatpate stir-fried potato made with very few easily available ingredients and simple to make.
Perfect for snacks time, house parties, evening snacks, family get-togethers, and also for iftar during Ramadan.
I learned this recipe from my mom. In our house, it's a must recipe during Ramadan and in the common day, we make this when getting bored with regular meals and craves for something chatpata and spicy street-style food.
Make recipe I posted in my blog as well as in my YouTube channel to add variety to your meals during self-quarantine
Little messages to all my viewers
As you all know guys .... The world is fighting against the "NOVEL CORONA VIRUS"....help You're government, doctors, police forces and all the other people's working to finish this pandemic. By staying home, maintaining social distance and following hand hygiene to prevent corona.
Now let's start with the recipe
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Serves: 4-5 people
Ingredients2 medium-sized onions ( sliced)
2 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
1 cup tamarind pulp water/paste
2 tbsp Kokam paste ( dried plum)
2 cups potato(boiled, diced)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
3-4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
Method of preparation
- Take a kadhai, heat oil and add sliced onion and fry them until golden brown, then remove and keep aside.
Note: (Don't skip these step as it is necessary for the infusions of smell and flavour of fried onions in oil which give a unique flavour to our chatpate aloo's.)
- Now in the same oil, add coriander-cumin powder, Kashmiri red chilly powder, tamarind paste, Kokam paste, and salt respectively.
- Mix them well and cook for a minute.
- Then add boiled potatoes and mix them well until each potato pieces is covered with the spicy, tangy sauce.
- Then add finely chopped fresh coriander and mix.
- Garnish with the fried onions and more fresh coriander.
- Now the yummy, delicious, lip-smacking Chatpate Aloo is ready to eat.
Made this recipe it was yummyReplyDelete
thanks you and do try all our recipe and do for get to tag us on your social media...Delete
looks yummy! thank you for sharing your recipe!ReplyDelete
looks yummy! thank you for sharing your recipe! https://www.BAMCLICK1ReplyDelete
A spicy potato recipeReplyDelete