Mutton Mutkula | Manglorean Traditional Recipe
Mutton Mutkula's are a traditional Mangalorean recipe. It is basically a mixture of small rice dumplings/ balls in a flavoursome thickened mutton gravy. Which is usually eaten as it is....😋😋
I grew eating this delicious recipe at my Nani (grandmother) place and loved it a lot. we often make these during soohur/ sehri in Ramadan.
I learnt this recipe from my momma and in fact in the video below she is cooking and I am just shooting ...😛😅. Sharing this amazing recipe as Eid- ul- Adha is coming and I am sure you all are exploring something different to make this eid.
So If you tried this recipe please let me how it came out to you in the comment section and also share your recipe pic with me by email or dm me your pics on Instagram or Facebook
Also if you have any queries or want me to make any recipe let me know by email or any social media platforms and if you loved my recipes please don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel
Eid- ul- Adha Mubarak to all My Viewers....🥰
500 g Mutton
2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp hara masala
20-25 Whole dry chillies
2 tbsp Coriander seed
1 tbsp Cumin
1-2 Star anise
2 tsp Cloves
6-7 Green cardamom
2 Black cardamom
1 tbsp Sha jeera
2 Bay leaves
1 tbsp Fennel seeds
1-2 medium onion ( roughly chopped)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 cup water
A handful of Mint leaves
A handful of Coriander leaves
For Spice Potli/pouch or Mesh Ball
6-8 Black peppercorns
1/2 tsp Sha jeera
For Cooking Mutton
Spice potli / mesh ball
2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
2 cup Water
1kg Rice Flour
Salt as per taste
Warm Water as needed
Oil as needed ( used approximately 2 tbsp )
4 tbsp oil
2 Green cardamom
1 Bay leaf
1 big Onion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
1 Big Tomato.'s puree
1 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Half a lemon
Salt to taste
6-7 cups Water
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
Method of preparation
Step 1: Marination
- In a bowl, add mutton, ginger-garlic paste and hara masala. Mix it well and leave it to marinate for about 15-18 minutes.
Step 2: Mutkula Masala prep
Take a pan and dry roast, whole red chillies and coriander seed.
- Now take a mixer grinder pot and add the roasted chillies & coriander seed mix, then add cumin, star anise, black peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom, sha jeera, bay leaves, fennel seeds, ginger, garlic, onion, turmeric powder, water, mint leaves, coriander leaves and grind these ingredients into a smooth paste.
(Note: Use more water if needed)
Step 3: Cooking Mutton
- Take a Mesh Ball or a piece of cloth for Potli or pouch add all the whole spices ( cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns, bay leaves, Sha jeera) in a mesh ball or a cloth and tie a knot making it a potli or pouch.
- In a pressure cooker, add marinated mutton, salt, onion, water, and prepared mesh ball/spice potli and pressure cook this until the mutton is cooked well and turns tender.
- Step 4: Mutkula Making
- In a large bowl, add rice flour, salt, and warm water and oil as needed and knead until semi-stiff dough and leave it to rest for around 5-10 mins.
- Once the dough is rested for some time, take a small portion of dough and make a small ball and press a little in middle with your thumb making it in bowl-like shape i.e Mutkula ( see pic or video below for a clear idea).
- Once all the Mutkula's are ready steam them into the greased steamer for 20- 30 minutes or until cooked.
Step 5: Final Gravy preparation
- In a Saucepan/cooking pot, heat oil then add cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, and onion. Saute the ingredients a little for few minutes.
- Then remove the whole spices from the onion and let the onion saute until golden brown.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste, saute a little and add 6- 7 tbsp of prepared Mutkula masala, tomato puree.
- Cook these until the gravy starts leaving oil for about 7-8 minutes.
- Now add the cooked Mutton masala, coriander leaves, mint leaves, half a lemon squeezed, salt mix and simmer the gravy until thicken to develop flavour.
- Then add 6-7 cups of water and garam masala powder and let the gravy come to a good boil then add the cooked Mutkula's in it and give a good stir
- Now let the gravy and Mutkula's cook until the gravy thickens again.
- Once done garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and the delicious Mutton Mutkula is ready to serve hot.
Enjoy! The Mutton Mutkula directly as it is...😋
Nice dish yummyReplyDelete
Delicious gravy and dumplingsReplyDelete
Sure would possibly be} free to do analysis by your self but may have to|you'll have to} sift through dozens of on-line casino sites to pin down a suitable one. If you’re a consistent participant, that is 카지노 사이트 추천 one of the best real cash casino for you. Casinos have a team of people who find themselves} skilled in catching any type of fraudulent exercise that may be taking place. Popular games for on-line casinos to have are pokies and desk games, similar to roulette, craps, blackjack, and video poker.ReplyDelete