Chicken Kaathi Rolls
|Chicken Kaathi Rolls|
Kaathi rolls are popular street food in Kolkata, West Bengal it is made with skewer-roasted Kebabs wrapped in layered paratha. As time passes many variants emerge of this delicious Kaathi roll
This recipe is great as tiffin boxes for your little ones. It is also great as evening or tea-time snacks. And if you introduce this to your guests... I am sure they will love this.
This Chicken Kathi Roll is my version of deliciousness, and I prefer making this dish during Ramadan as it is very filling and high in protein. Moreover, it is also effortless to make
Therefore stop reading! go buy some minced Chicken and start prepping the recipe.
For marination200g minced Chicken
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/3 tsp turmeric
For stuffing mixture1 medium-sized onion (finely chopped)
1-2 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp gram masala powder
2 tsp peri-peri powder
Salt to taste
3 tbsp green coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
1/2 lemon (squeezed )
2 layered paratha ( i used market brought pre-cooked parathas)
2 eggs (whipped)
Method of preparation
- Marinate the minced Chicken with ginger-garlic paste & turmeric powder and keep it aside.
Preparation of stuffing
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add onions and green chillies then saute them until golden in colour.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, gram masala powder, peri-peri powder and salt, saute for a minute
- Now, add the marinated minced chicken and cook it until tender with closed lid. (stirring occasionally)
- After the chicken has cooked, add coriander leaves, mix and turn off the stove.
- Now squeezed 1/2 lemon a mix and keep aside.
Preparation of Rolls
- Cook both sides of paratha with some oil in a hot pan.
- Then, add 1 whipped egg over the paratha and cook it with closed lid for minutes or so, on the slow-medium flame.
- After the egg is cooked, remove and keep aside.
Assembling that rolls
- Take prepared parathas and add the minced Chicken stuffing.
- Then, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves over the stuffing and roll out the parathas with stuffing and make a roll.
- The Chicken Kathi Rolls are ready to serve hot with ketchup, chutney etc