"Chicken pulao or a rice dish cooked in seasoned broth with chicken.it is a one pot meal , easy to cook especially when you have guests to come over and lots other things to do .....you can make this without a need make Curry plus rice plus roti etc.you just need a cucumber raita with it and your flavorful, delicious is chicken pulao is ready to eat"Try this recipe soon and let me know how it comes to you and don't forget to follow me by email to get new updates.Ingredients2 cups riceFor marination500g Chicken2 tbsp ginger garlic paste1 tbsp hara masala1 tsp gram masala powder1/2 tsp Turmeric1 tsp red chilli powder4 tbsp yoghurtSalt to tasteFor pulao1tbsp ghee1 tbsp oil4-5 black peppercorns4-5 cloves3-4 green cardamom1-2 bay leaves1 staranise1 inch cinnamon stick1-2 large potatoes4 medium onions2 large tomatoes1 tbsp ginger garlic paste1 tbsp hara masala4-5 tsp gram masala powder1 lemon juiceSalt to taste1/2 Coriander leaves
- Wash the rice well and leave to soak for 20-30 min
- Then marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste,hara masala, chilli powder, yoghurt, salt for about 30-40 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan and fry the potatoes till golden brown , keep it aside.
- Now in same pan , Add ghee with the remaining oil and add black peppercorns, cloves, green cardamom, bay leaves, staranise, cinnamon and mix.
- Now add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, hara masala, gram masala powder, salt and fry well(sprinkle water if the ingredients is sticking to pan while sauteing)
- After the masala is cooked, add tomatoes and cooked till they become soft, tender and leaves oil
- Then add the fried potatoes and cook it with some little water with lid closed.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add marinated chicken and saute for a minute and cooked well with closed lid while stirring occasionally.
- Aftet chicken has been cooked , add 4 cups of water and give it a boil.
- Then add soaked rice , coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
- Adjust the salt if needed.
- Place the lid and cook on medium to low heat till all the water has dried and rice has been perfectly cooked.
- After the rice is cooked , give a gentle stir so that the steam trapped inside can escape making the rice fluffy and separated.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with cucumber raita.
Also check out: hara masala ,Gram masala powder
Post a Comment
Tell us your experiences or ask a question