"The recipe below is the all-time favourite of my family when we want a break from the regular dal rice and when the there mood of eating something tangy and spicy..its not only delicious but also healthy with the goodness of dietary fibres and proteins. Give a try to the recipe and let know how's is come out in the comment box below."
2 cups Whole Bengal gram(soaked - 12 hours)
2 medium onions(finely chopped)
2 tomatoes(finely chopped)
2 potatoes (cut in medium cubes)
3 cups water(boiling chana)
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Red chilli powder
3-4 tsp Gram masala powder
1 cup tamarind
1 cup water (for soaking tamarind)
1 lemon juice
Salt to taste
3 tbsp coriander
- Boiled the soaked chana with 1 chopped onion, tomatoes, potatoes, gram masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and water pressure cooker till the chana and potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, soak the tamarinds in water for 5-10 minutes and strained it with a strainer, pressing as much as pulp can be removed, keep it aside.
- Now removed the boiled chana from the cooker into a saucepan with all the water it.
- Add chilli powder and tamarind pulp in it and mash some chana in it while stirring and cook till all the water is reduced and thickens.
- Now add remaining 1 chopped onion and coriander, adjust the salt if needed and mix well.
- Cook for a minute or two and turn off the flame.
- Then squeeze lemon on it and mix.
- Now the yummy chana masala is ready to eat.