Bhindi ki sabji
|Bhindi ki sabji|
Bhindi is also known as okra or ladyfingers in other regions in the world. It is a staple food in India. It is a good source of fibre, calcium, magnesium and some proteins. The recipe is very easy and great for new learners. You just need is bhindi, tomatoes and onions with some spices and that's it.
Honestly speaking I m very bored due to quarantine and that why I just grab my phone, tripod and start shooting my regular meals.😅
And I know many of you know how to make bhindi ki sabji... but guys if you are a new learner or a person who doesn't know to cook Then it's your chance ....."For everything, there is a time " and this quarantine period is your time to learn cooking and impress your mother that you can COOK so let's staaaaaart cooking
Preparation time: 20- 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
Ingredients2 cups (250g) Bhindi/okra ( clean and cut into 1/2 in pieces )
1 cup / 2-3 medium-sized onion (chopped)
1 cup/ 2 medium-sized tomatoes
1 green chilly (chopped )
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp gram masala powder
Salt to taste
Oil 1tbsp for frying bhindi & 2-3 tsp for making base masala
Methods of preparation
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai and fry bhindi's in it until slightly golden. Then remove and keep it aside.
- Now in a Kadhai heat 2-3 tsp oil, then add green chillies, onions and saute until onions are soft and slightly golden.
- Then add turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt, cook this for a minute.
- Now add tomato and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame stirring occasionally with the closed lid.
- Now, add previously fried bhindi's mix and cook for few more minutes with closed lid.
- Then the Bhindi ki Sabji is ready to serve hot with rotis, dal-rice etc.
|Bhindi ki sabji|
Tip to make good bhindi ki sabji
- While buying choose good quality fresh young bhindi because aged bhindi and fibre hard which doesn't taste good.
- After buying make sure make your bhindi within 2-3 day as bhindi starts to age fast even in refrigeration.
- Don't fry your bhindi for too long due just because its slimy just squeezed little lemon juice and it will do the work.