Sweet Potato Fritters
|Sweet Potato Fritters|
Sweet potato Fritters can also be called as ratalu ke pakora, ratalu podi etc. This sweet potato Fritters are very crispy and deliciously easy to make recipe which needs very few basic ingredients. This recipe is great for family lunch get-togethers, tea time snack. Just imagine a cold winter evening with ⅝ having fun with this crispy Fritters and hot cup of tea ...yummy delicious. Just think of this make my mouth salivating ...
This sweet potato Fritter is also great as a side dish for dal-chawal( popular staple food of Indian household).
Actually, I learned this recipe from my momma she used made this very often in my childhood. And now whenever she goes to market she brought this big sized sweet potatoes and tell me to make this. Our family love this very much and I probably believe you all will also love this. So give it a try. And let me know your experience in a comment box
Let start making sweet potato fritters
Ingredients2 big sweet potato (sliced)
2 cups gram flour (besan)
1 cup cornflour
2 tbsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
1tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Water as needed to make a batter (i used approximately 2cup )
Oil for frying
Method of preparation
- Take a big mixing bowl, add gram flour, cornflour, Kashmiri red chilly powder, salt.
- Now add water little by a little while mixing the ingredients and make a smooth medium thick batter.
- After the batter is prepared, add sliced sweet potatoes and coat it nicely with batter so that every slice is well coated.
- Now leave the costed sweet potato to marinate in the batter for 2-5 minutes minimum.
- After the sweet potato Fritters are marinated well. Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the marinated sweet potatoes in it until cooked well and be crispy.
- Sweet Potato Fritters are ready. Serve hot with ketchup or as a side dish with dal chawal.