Moong Dal Pakode(Fritters)
|Moong Dal Pakode|
Moong Dal Pakode(Fritters)are crispy, crunchy delicious tea time snack in India and one of the famous street foods.
This a type of Fritters made up of Bengal gram and mildly spiced snack. Also made during iftar time in Ramadan.
The recipe is very simple and easy to make and less time consuming with few ingredients which are easily available at home.
We made this mostly during Ramadan as a vegetarian option in our iftar menu. Eating hot moong dal Pakode with cold ketchup 😋 yum yum.... sounds weird but this what I like to eat these delicious Fritters.
I hope you too will like this recipe as much as I do.
Moong dal Pakode is great options for various occasions like kids parties, small kitty parties, and get to gathers. Also, a great options for vegetarians and vegans out there to munch on.
If you tried this recipe please let me how it came out to you in the comment section and also share your recipe pic with me by email or dm/tag me on Instagram or Facebook
Also if you have any queries or want me to make any recipe let me know by email or any social media platforms and if you loved my recipes please don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel
1 cup Bengal Gram ( moong dal) without skin
1 big Onion Chopped
1 Green Chillies
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Coriander-Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tbsp Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped
Salt to taste
Preparation time: 30- 40 min
Cooking time: 10- 20 min
Serves: 3- 4 peoples
Method of preparation
- Firstly wash the moong dal thoroughly and soak them in enough water for about 30-50 mins.
- Now Discard the excess water and grind the soaked moong dal coarsely in a mixer grinder.
- Remove the grounded dal mixture in the mixing bowl, then add onion, green chillies, black pepper powder, coriander-cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt and green coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying.
- Now drop small portions of moong dal mixture with hand or using a spoon and fry the fritters on medium flame.
- Tum occasionally and cook both the side until crisp and golden brown.
- The crispy, crunchy delicious Moong Dal Pakode are ready to serve.
- Serve them with Ketchup or Mint Chutney
Post a Comment
Tell us your experiences or ask a question