Shakshuka is a traditional breakfast food in Israel and throughout the Middle East. But in my perception, it would be great to have at any time of the day.
This Mediterranean One- skillet, slowly cooked recipe is prepared in a juicy, spicy, tangy tomato sauce with eggs poached in the sauce
I have made this recipe with my Indian touch, therefore goes great with rotis, pav, dal-rice etc.
This is the simplest recipe of all time. And my family loves to eat this with dal-rice. It is one of the delicious comfort foods on our weekly menu.
It is not only delicious but also nutritious and filling high in good quality proteins and several vital vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin D etc.
Hope you all like this recipe. Please let me know how your outcomes, thoughts etc on this recipe is. And if you tried the recipe don’t forget to share your photos on social media and tag me on that.
Get in touch with me on:
Preparation Time: 10-20 min
Cooking Time: 40-50 min
Serves 4-5 people.
4 medium-sized onion (chopped)
2 big tomatoes (chopped)
1 green chilli
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
2 tbsp oil
Method of Preparation
- Heat oil in skillet or pan, add onions, green chilli and saute until the onion are golden brown on high flame.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and saute for few minutes.
- Now add some water little by little and cook the mixture very well for 5-6 minutes
- Now add tomato and saute it for good 3-4 min without putting any water. Then add around 1/4 cup of water and let the mixture cooks for about 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes are perfectly cooked in a slow flame with closed lid.
- After the tomatoes are cooked and start leaving oil from sides make small hollows in the mixture with help of a spatula.
- Meanwhile, take a small bowl and crack open one egg in it and slightly drop the egg in the hollow we made into the mixture.
- Repeat the process for all eggs, then close the lid and let eggs cooked completely for about 10-12 min on low flame.
- (Note: For saucy shakshuka add few eggs according to your preference)
- After the eggs cooked cut the Shakshuka into pieces and flip them to other side and cook a little for a minute on high flame and that it.
- (These step is optional you can directly garnish and serve after the egg is cooked. I Like it this way that's added in the instructions)
- Now garnish with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis, dal-chawal etc
Support my blog and channel. Like, share and comment on my articles. This keeps me motivated to give you more such contents.
You are providing good knowledge. It is really helpful and factual information for us and everyone to increase knowledge.about Poke la Jolla. Continue sharing your data. Thank you.ReplyDelete