Besan ka cheela
Besan ka Cheela or Indian pancake or gram flour pancake or vegetarian omelette call it... whatever you want. It is a popular Indian breakfast recipe. Which is very easy and simple to make and also a healthy option to kickstart your day.
Although the recipe I am sharing today is very simple with few veggies, but you can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more nutritious and filling.
The besan cheela can also be a quick snack for tea time and also a good option for tiffin box.
It's easy to sneak in some veggies to kids meal and give a good healthy snack.
You have besan cheela with mint chutney or tomato ketchup or even with curd. It's just delicious.
As I saw in many recipes online takes besan directly but I prefer my gram flour to be roasted first so that I didn't get any raw flavour of besan.
So it's ok if you don't roast the flour if you don't want but I suggest roast it because it gives a unique flavour to besan ka cheela which make it really yummy and flavorful.
If you tried this recipe please let me how it came out you in the comment section and also share your recipe pic to me by email or dm me on Instagram
Also if you have any queries or want me to make any recipe let me know by email or any social media platforms and if you loved my recipes please don't forget to subscribe my YouTube channel
Ingredients1 cup gram flour/flour
1 medium-sized onion (finely chopped )
1 medium-sized tomato (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder buy
1 tsp coriander-cumin powder
1tsp ginger garlic paste buy
Salt to taste
3 tbsp fresh coriander (finely chopped)
Water as needed
Oil to brush a little
Method of preparation
- Heat a kadhai and roast the gram flour on low to medium heat until starts smelling nice roasty aroma. It will take 4-5 minutes approximately depending on the quality of gram flour you use.
- Now take a mixing bowl, add the roasted gram flour, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, red chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt and water as needed.
- And make the medium thin batter to make cheela.
- Now heat a pan or tawa brush some oil and spread some cheela batter onto the pan.
- Let cook on a medium flame for a while, then flip the cheela, close it with a lid and cook it on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now open the lid and roast cheela for a while.
- The tasty Besan ka cheela is ready to serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney.