Cabbage Chana Sabzi
|Cabbage Chana Sabzi|
1 small-sized Cabbage (sliced)
3 Onion (sliced)
2 Tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 cup Chana Dal (soaked at least 2 hours)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1-2 green chillies (finely chopped)
5-6 Curry leaves
3-4 Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin + coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
Green coriander for garnish
Method of Preparation
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add mustard seeds, allow to crackle then add garlic, curry leaves and saute till the garlic turn golden brown.
- Then add onion, saute until the raw the smell of onion goes and it becomes light golden.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste, cumin+coriander powder, turmeric powder, gram masala powder, salt and saute for 2-3 min (note:-sprinkle some water if the masala is sticking to the pan).
- After the masala is well cooked, add in the soaked chana dal and fry it in the masala for 1-2 min and add tomatoes and cook it for few more minutes.
- Then add 1/2 cup water and cook on medium flame until the dal is cooked and the water has evaporated.
- Now, add the cabbage and mix it well. Adjust the salt if necessary and cook it with closed lid on medium flame until the cabbage is soft and tender.
- Garnish with green coriander.
- Cabbage chana sabzi is ready to be served rotis,dal-rice etc
Post a Comment
Tell us your experiences or ask a question