Onion Rings are very popular appetizers in western countries. This recipe is a simple deep-fried, crumb coated snack. Today I am sharing my version of onion rings recipe...of course with my Indian touch. They great for small parties, family get-to-gathers and also great snacks for tea time
We all know it a rainy season here! and as an Indian, we enjoy this season munching our hot pakoras and hot cup of tea admiring the rain, the mild pleasant smell of soil....... aaahhaha.
Hey there, imagining the same then why not just get up...walk to your kitchen, collect your ingredient, start boiling some water for tea aside and start making this crunchy, crispy deliciousness
preparation time: 10-15 min
cooking time:8-10 min
serves: 2-3 people
2 medium-sized onions
1/2 cup refined flour buy
1/2 cup cornflour buy
1/2 tsp turmeric powder buy
1 tsp black pepper powder buy
2 tsp cumin-coriander powder buy
salt to taste
cold water as required
bread crumbs as needed
oil for frying
Method of Preparation
- Cut onions in slices and separate the slices into the ring and set aside.
- Now in a bowl, add refined flour, cornflour, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, cumin-coriander powder, salt and mix them well.
- Then use cold water to make a medium-thick batter.
- After the batter is prepared, coat the onion rings in the batter and bread crumbs.
- Now deep fry the rings in hot until golden brown and crispy.
- The delicious, crispy, hot onion rings are ready to serve with your favourite dipping sauce, ketchup and a cup of tea